Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Project of the Unemployed

2 posts in 2 days?  Things are starting to get interesting here I guess.  Not really.  I just happened to make curtains yesterday.

I bought the fabric at IKEA.  If you haven't thought about or didn't know you could get fabric there, I highly recommend it.  They have AMAZING fabric to choose from.  I got enough to make curtains for our sliding glass door.  The curtains we had before were fine.  And Chris and I actually both really liked them.  But now that the new fabric is up, I can't imagine why we put up with the other curtains for so long.  The new ones brighten up the room, and they make our walls look more green.  (Which is the color they really are.)  Anyway, they turned out perfect.  I had some help from my wonderful mother-in-law.  And I am happy that she was and is so willing to help me.

I LOVE THEM!!!!

I am so happy with them.  Even this morning I just stood next to our table and stared at them.  They look much better in the space, and they are much more us.  They match our house much better.  I guess we just love green, yellow, and white together.

It's a good color combination.

I has been almost a year since we moved in and I thought that it would be nice to get our house a birthday present.  Chris thinks I'm crazy for it, but I like to do weird things like that.  The curtains are a good birthday present.  But we also have another super fun, Pinterest inspired thing in the works.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment