Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Newest Info on the Home Front

Yesterday, I went to go take a look to see how far they had gotten on the outside of our house.  And to see if by chance the rock had been delivered or put up.  That is a negative on that one.  But there was still a quite a bit that had happened.  I saw a sign on our door that said "Wet Tile 01/07/13"  That meant that our tile had been placed.  I tried the front door to get a picture of it, but it was locked.  I walked around to the garage, and thankfully the garage door was unlocked.  I didn't go inside though because I would have to walk on the tile, and I didn't want to mess anything up.  But I was able to get a picture of what it is going to look like.  The picture that is shown is of the laundry/mud room.  We are going to have tile in both bathrooms and the entry as well.
Our tile.
I saw through the garage door that our hardwood was done as well.  But like I said I didn't go inside because I didn't want to ruin any of the progress that they had done.  So I went around back and took a picture through our sliding glass door.  The picture isn't great for that reason.  Also, there was quite a bit of dust on the floor as well.  I was just excited to see that something on the inside had been done.  I will get a better picture later.
Our hardwood in the kitchen.

Most of the outside has been finished as well.  There are still a few trim pieces on the corners of the house that need to go up as well as the rock.  The porch was done though.  And that is Chris' favorite part of the house so far.  He loves it.  I understand why he loves it so much. . .  It is adorable.  When our house is finished, our door will be black.
The porch is finished.

I thought that it would be a good idea to get a close shot of the colors.  Every time that we have gone down to see the outside work it has been cloudy.  We haven't been able to get great pictures yet.  But the up close shot is pretty good and shows our colors pretty well.
An up close shot of the colors.
And this is the (almost) completed look.  The colors turned out pretty well here.  That is what they look like in  person.  We are so excited to have our house getting so close to being done.  As of right now we have about 3 weeks left.  The date could change though.  We realize that Christmas and New Year's was right in the middle of getting things done, so things could go over by about a week.  We are okay with that though.  Things have been going really fast and the quality is exceptional.  We couldn't be happier about how things are.
The outside is almost complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment