Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Reason Why

Today was the original completion date on the house.  When we got the news 3 weeks ago that our completion date had been moved back a week I was pretty devastated.  I know that it was only an estimated day, but I was still looking forward to having the house done.  I was so excited to move in and start our new life.  I know that there isn't a guarantee when you are building, but I was still hoping that the date wasn't going to move.  Once we got the news though I told myself that everything happens for a reason.  And there is a reason why the date had been moved back.  I know that some people don't believe that everything happens for a reason, and that's fine.  That is your belief.  I believe that it does, and today is my proof.

Normally it takes me roughly 15 minutes to get to work.  Today it took me 40.  It had snowed 4 or 5 inches over night and the snow plows had not been out to clear up the roads by the time I left.  The freeway was essentially a residential speed zone.  My max speed was 40 mph.  It was miserable.  I know that if we still had our New Home Orientation today it probably would have been cancelled or moved back anyway.  We wouldn't want to move in this weather.  I am not looking forward to the actual moving part, driving back and forth with boxes.  If we would have moved in the snow it would have been so much worse.  I am grateful that we are being looked after and that things are working out the way that they are supposed to.  It helps reassure me that this was the right decision for us and Springville is where we are supposed to be for the next part of our journey together.

No comments:

Post a Comment