Thursday, January 5, 2012

Becoming a Mechanic

About 3 or 4 years ago Chris restored a 1965 Impala.  He enjoyed it so much that he decided that restoring and rebuilding cars is a hobby that he wanted to continue to do through out his life.  

                              

This time he wanted to restore a 1951 GMC truck.  He found his truck in Salt Lake and it was in amazing condition considering it was 60 years old.  He bought it and is currently working on it.  He is putting the frame of a Chevy S10 underneath it.  It is the same length and width as the '51 GMC, but it will have the modern suspension and feel to it.

                                  

I recently decided that I want to help him with this project.  I want to learn more about cars, and help restore his truck.  He was really excited to hear that I had an interest in learning about his #1 favorite hobby. Chris usually goes to his shop about 3 or 4 days a week, and on Saturday's I am lucky enough that I get to go with him.  Last Saturday was a really fun day for me.  We were able to take the engine out of the S10.  It was my first engine that I got to remove from a vehicle, and I am so happy that I got to help with that major step in the tear down process.  I was so excited that I had to take a couple of pictures so that I could share them with my friends and family.  So here they are:  The 2 pictures of me and Chris removing my first engine.  I hope that you enjoy them!!                         
                                                         
                                          
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment