Friday, January 13, 2012

A Calling of Patience

Chris and I have recently received a calling in our ward.  We are now the new Jr. Nursery teachers.  Yes, you guessed it. . .  Our ward is full of newly weds and BYU students, so we have what seems like a million kids in our ward.  That is why our ward requires 2 nursery's, and I am sure that a third one will be sprouting up soon.  Last week Chris and I had 11 kids in our class.  (Like I said, there are a lot of kids in our ward.)  People have said that the Bishop gave us this calling to try and get us to have kids.  Trust me though, with our class I don't think that that is something that we need to be worried about.  In fact, I think that it is better birth control if anything.  It has helped me realize that I am not ready to have one of my own right now.

Now, I am making it sound like that all 11 of our kids are terrible, they're not.  We only have 4 or 5 that take real patience to deal with, but they all have so much energy, so it makes it seem like there are more kids than what we really have.  We do have some kids that I think are adorable and are well behaved.  I applaud the parents for teaching them while they are young how to behave.  For the parents who have nightmarish kids, you may want to start soon because it's almost too late to teach them the ways of "No pushing and no stealing another child's toy".

For the most part though I think that it is going to be an enjoyable calling.  It is tough right now because we have just started and are still getting the hang of it, and how each individual kid works and handles certain situations.  We will have those kids settled down and listening to us in no time.  I do have faith in that.  It is going to truly be 'A Calling of Patience'.

1 comment:

  1. I never understood why Bishops think if they put you in nursery, you would be more inclined to have kids. If anything, it makes you want to wait.

    ReplyDelete