Monday, May 6, 2013

My Summer Nemesis and Friend

Well, it's that time of year again.  The weather is getting warmer, people are out and about, coats are finally getting stashed, and yard work begins.  Oh yard work, you are my nemesis this year.  Now don't get me wrong, I am super duper excited to get our yard put in.  That's not the issue.  I can do yard work like nobody's business.  Figuring out what our yard is going to look like. . .  That is a different story.  Chris and I have been discussing it over the last couple of weeks, and we are trying to decide what we are going to do.  It is more difficult than we expected it to be.   On Saturday we walked around our yard talking about our options and our likes and dislikes of landscaping.  We know we want some trees, interesting flowers and bushes, and I definitely want a garden.  But where was it all going to go?  We finally went and stood out in our backyard and decided that we were going to get it all figured out.  

If we are looking out the back window, the yard seemed big but manageable.  Standing in the yard itself is a different story.  We didn't realize how enormous our yard really is.  I understand that it is going to be nice to have all of that space once it is finished, but getting it finished it is the tricky part.  What to do what to do?  Hmmm. . .  I think that we finally have a plan.  Well, for the most part.  But the plan is only known to 2 people.  We will share our secrets once the process is started.  I would love for it to look like this. . .
 

But seeing as we don't have that much money or space, something a little more simple will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment