Saturday, November 16, 2013

Moms, Crafts, and Mongolian

Last Saturday my wonderful mom decided that she wanted to come to Springville and spend the day with us.  I am so glad that she did.  We had a wonderful time together.  We chose to do some crafting as our activity.  Before hand my mom had me look up some ideas on (you guessed it) Pinterest, and then we would chose once she got to my house.  She doesn't get the opportunity to spend money on herself very often, so this was the perfect activity for her to give herself some much needed attention.  We went to Hobby Lobby to take care of all of our crafting needs, and came out an hour and a half later.  We spent a lot of time in the store going back and forth on ideas, materials, and price.  But everything festive and Christmasy was half off, so the price wasn't actually that bad.  Once we got back to my house the crafting began.  Here is what we came up with;

Drum basket and Peppermints
I did a very quick craft which consisted of a basket, peppermints that you would stick on your Christmas tree, and tissue paper.  It was very easy.

Thank you Pinterest!

This was my favorite craft that we have done.  My mom's is JOY and mine is NOEL.  We got wooden craft letters, scrap paper, and things to cover our wreaths.  It was a really fun project.  I can't wait to hang it on our walls and start being festive.

After we were done crafting my mom wanted to take Chris out for his birthday dinner.  His birthday was on October 28 (He turned 28 on 28.  It was his Golden Birthday.), but my mom still wanted to celebrate it with us.  We decided to try a new place.  It's a little place here in Springville called the Mongolian Grill.  It was actually quite good.  And a killer price.  You get all you can eat Mongolian, rice, an appetizer, and soup for $9.95.  So we will definitely be going back.  Once dinner was over, we got distracted my the bread place and another little shop called Rod Works in the complex.  We headed into Rod Works just to see what kind of things they had.  If I had a lot of money, it would have been spent in there.  It was really cute.  I didn't get anything, but my mom did.

They are great!

My mom likes to decorate her house for the winter in snowmen.  She tried to get a new one every year, and this year she got 2.  Both while she was with me.  She got the snowman with the cardinal from Hobby Lobby.  And the snowman countdown from Rod Works.  She tried to convince herself that she didn't want or need it.  But as you can she, she didn't do a good job of that because it ended up going home with her.

It was great being able to see my mom.  It means a lot to me that she would take the time to come visit us.  I love her dearly and can't wait for the holiday season when I get to see her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment