Friday, November 4, 2011

Paradise is Waiting.

First, I want to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband.  His birthday was October 28, and I hope that it was amazing for him.

Yesterday I did something amazing!  I bought our plane tickets to Costa Rica.  I have been planning and saving up for this trip for almost a year and a half, and it is finally starting to feel real.  Chris and I are going to Costa Rica in February.  We'll be gone for 2 weeks in the middle of winter, and it's Going. To. Be. Awesome.

As I just said, I have been planning this trip for a long time, so I have done my research on everything.  We chose to go in February because it is the dry season.  If we went during the wet season we would get rained out all day everyday.  I made sure to figure out where the best location was going to be for us to stay, and make sure to find the best cost.  I was able to keep the cost fairly low for us, mostly because nothing is as expensive as I thought it was going to be.  We are going to stay on the Caribbean side of the country.  Most people stay on the Pacific side, so that part is always busy and filled with tourists.  The Caribbean side is much less explored and therefore more awesome.  There are no major hotels or resorts, only small hotels and bungalows.  The hotel that we are staying at is about a 4 1/2 hour bus ride from San Jose.  It is called Pachamama Caribe, and in the city of Punta Uva.  There are only 4 houses and bungalows that are a part of the grounds of the hotel.  It is right in the middle of the rain forest, and so the wildlife is everywhere and very active.  We could sit on the hammocks on our porch and see a large variety of birds and monkeys.  It sounds incredible.  We are very excited about the seclusion and privacy that we are going to have during our stay.

While we are there we will go zip-lining, snorkeling, hiking in the various national parks and nature preserves, and relax on the beautiful beach that is only a 4 minute walk from our hotel.  We will make sure to take lots and lots of pictures.  The only thing I have left to do is get into beach/vacation shape.  Good thing I have 3 months to get that taken care of.

We cannot wait for February to get here, and it feels like it is not going to come quick enough.  I know that it is going to get here sooner than I think, and we are going to have the time of our lives.  I am very happy that I have such a wonderful husband that is willing to travel with me and support me in the silly things that I set my mind to.  What would I do with out him?

No comments:

Post a Comment