Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Point with the Fam

Last Saturday was a very great day.  My family came down to Provo, and we went to the Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life.  (Basically, it was a dinosaur museum).  It was really cool to see and go to.  Thanksgiving Point has the most complete skeletons of anywhere in the world.  We had a really great time together as a family.  Kenlee had a blast and is still talking about all of the cool things that she saw.  There were also somethings there that I was amazed to see.  For example, they had a fossilized rose.  It was so beautiful and stunning to me.  Chris said that he had only ever seen one in pictures.  He was even taken back by the awesomeness of it.














They has a lot of different kinds of full dinosaurs there too.  It was hard for me to grasp the size of some of them.  The "long neck", I don't know the actual name of them, was massive.  It was easily 100 feet from head to tip of the tail.  There was also a full skeleton of 2 Tyrannosaurus Rex.  They were pretty huge too.



They did have a lot of really fun things for kids to do as well.  It took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the exhibit, and the kids did not get bored either.  They planned the layout very well.  Just when I thought that Kenlee was going to start getting a little bored from not having anything stimulating to do, they had a kids play station or a kids hands-on activity that they could do.  I am sure that parents are very grateful for that.


All in all, it was a wonderful day, and Chris and I hope to go again, just the two of us on a date.  Yes, it's that cool that you can go with out children and you won't look weird for doing it.  I do recommend however, that if you have children, to go to this wonderfully enjoyable place.  Your kids will think that you're the coolest parents ever.  Like I said though, you don't have to have children to go.  If you don't have children, I recommend that you still go and see the great museum and everything that they have to offer while you are there.  I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment