Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Really Parents?? Really??

Having the wonderful job that I have in an optometrist's office has a lot of really great benefits.  For example, I get to have a free eye exam done every year, I get glasses and contacts at a hugely discounted price, and I work for an amazing doctor who lets me work really good hours.  That being said, there are only a few things about my job that drive me crazy, but the one that gets to me the most are the parents that let their kids run around and yell while they are in our little office.


Really parents??  Really?? I guess for some reason they think that it's cute when their kids are yelling and fighting so loudly that people cannot hold a conversation with me about their exam.  I guarantee that they are the only ones that find that obnoxiousness endearing.  Everyone else thinks that the parents need to teach their children some manners.  There is no need for your 4 year old and 5 year old to try on every single pair of glasses that we own just because they want to.  The glasses are not here for you to play with, they are here for people to buy.  And no one is going to want to buy a frame when 800 kids have tried it on and messed with it.  Also, if you have 6 kids, you don't need to bring the whole family to your appointment with you.  Leave the kids at home with dad and come alone.  6 kids in the office is way to hard to handle.  When I see that many kids walking in with their parents it almost makes me want to cry because I know that they are not going to be leaving any time soon.  When they finally leave 45 minutes later, they give me the gift of a headache.  Thanks kids!!  No, thank you parents!

Moral of the story. . . Put duct tape over your kids mouths before you bring them in.  That way I don't have to listen to them.

This post may have seemed a little harsh, and I am sorry if it offended anyone.  I had a pretty kid filled day at work today, so it was fresh on my mind and I needed to vent.  Thanks for listening friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment