Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Funny How Things Work

Ever since we have moved I have contemplated about finding a job closer to home.  Driving to the Pleasant Grove office of Timpanogos Vision Center is now 25 minutes one way.  But I loved my job enough to make the drive every day.  Finding a new job is a hassle and I didn't want to learn the way another practice did things.  But 2 weeks ago, my schedule had changed and I was now required to drive to the Highland office 2 days a week.  That was not going to work for me.  The drive is 45 minutes one way, and I couldn't make that drive 2 days a week.  I took that as a sign, and I knew that my days at Timpanogos Vision Center were at an end.  The day I got my new schedule I started to look for a new job.  That day I took my resume to 4 or 5 different places in Springville and Spanish Fork.  Every place was exactly the same, "I'll make sure to give your resume to the office manager."  Which meant, 'We have no intention of actually looking at this, so you're wasting your time.'  I was a little discouraged, but decided to take my resume to one more place.  A new practice in Spanish Fork called Eye Physicians of Utah that had opened up less than a year ago.  I walked in, handed my resume to the doctor of the practice, and told him I was looking for a job closer to home.  I ended up staying there for over an hour as he talked with me and conducted my interview for a position there.  I was so surprised that things were happening so quickly, but I knew that it was meant to be.  He told me that he wanted me to come back for a 'working interview' to make sure that I was going to work with his practice, but I essentially had the job.  It only took me 45 minutes of looking to find my next job.  Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with myself.  And the best part is, it's only 7 minutes from my house.  AND there is no freeway driving involved.  I went back for my 'working interview' a week later and was offered the job.  I start on Friday the 28th.  I am really excited!  I think that it is going to be a wonderful opportunity to help build up Dr. Gubler's practice.  Putting in my 2 weeks was rough, but I got through it and now I just have to get through the last 4 days of work.  I am grateful for everything I have learned from Timpanogos Vision Center.  It has been a great place to work for the last 2 1/2 years, but it is time for me to move on.  Everything worked out perfectly and I could not be more convinced that Eye Physicians of Utah is were I am needed next.

No comments:

Post a Comment