Monday, June 17, 2013

Birthday Weekend

As most of you know, it was my birthday last week.  For those of you that knew that, you also may know that my birthday is a pretty big deal to me.  Some people don't understand why, but I always have to do something amazing to celebrate.  This year I decided that I wanted to go to the cabin the weekend before my birthday.  It was wonderful!  On Friday after my 'working interview' at my new job we headed right up.  We stopped on the way to get some food at Day's and a Papa Murphy's pizza to take up with us.  While we were at Day's I noticed that they had a snow cone shack, so naturally I had to stop and get us one.  I love me a good snow cone.  And I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to start my birthday weekend off right.

Blue Raspberry.  My favorite.
I got the snow cone and we were off.  Friday night we has pizza and ice cream, watched episodes of Chuck, my newest favorite show, and a movie.  Since we were up in the mountains, the weather was perfect and while we were waiting for our pizza to cook, we went on a little walk.
My mouth is still kind of blue from the snow cone.  It's fine, I'm a child.
We also decided that we wanted to have dinner on the deck.

It was perfect.
We of course slept in on Saturday and made a yummy breakfast of pancakes and eggs.  Later that day Chris's mom, dad and Scott came up to the cabin for the afternoon.  I really wanted to go on a hike, and Chris's mom was the perfect person to be the trail guide for us.  It was a beautiful day.  The sun was shining and it was not too hot out.  It's like it was meant to be.
No filter needed.

On Saturday we decided that we needed to be a little useful, so we helped haul a bunch of wood.  That was the first time that I had the privilege of doing that.  And I have to say, it was a lot of fun.  It sounds a little bit intense and not fun at all, but it was.  I was pleasantly surprised by that.  Sunday my mom, dad, and Zach came up to the cabin for a birthday celebratory dinner.  We had hamburgers, cucumber salsa, watermelon, and brownies.  It was awesome.  A lighter dinner at a wonderful location with my family.  We took a little walk, did some of a puzzle, and just talked.  Everything about that day was perfect.  And then it wasn't anymore.  DUN DUN DUN!  As we were cleaning up the cabin before we left disaster struck.  I was folding up a blanket and felt a pinch.  Thinking it was a burr I tried to shake it off, but doing that make the pinching tighter and more painful.  As the "burr" fell to the blanket, I realized that it was a giant wasp.  Seeing as I am a really big baby and went into instant hysterics.  Mostly from the excruciating pain that I felt, but also from the fact that I am allergic as well.  I hadn't been stung in 10 or so years because I am terrified of them.  I wasn't sure how my body was going to react, so I possibly overreacted to what had just happened.
It's hard to see, but the white circle under my pointer finger is where it happened.

We went upstairs to find something to help with the pain.  As we were looking it started to get pretty swollen, which naturally given my irrational state, made me even more worried.  Chris gave some ice, which helped with the pain, and then he was back downstairs to kill the jerk who did this to me.  He was very sweet to take care of me while we hurried home to get me some Benadryl.

Overall, it was a great weekend.  It just had a sad ending.  But that's okay.  I am not going to remember that part in a few years.  I am just grateful that I have Chris to help make anything we do a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment