Friday, May 18, 2012

He Has Returned With Honor

Tuesday was a very special day for me and my family.  That was the day that Zach came home from his mission.  This is also the first time in 3 1/2 years that everyone in the family has been here in Utah.  It is so great!

His plane landed around 11:45a.m.  Of course everyone was so anxious to see him again and be able to hug him.  Once we saw the missionaries coming down the escalators on the other side of security we all started cheering.  (Us and the other families that were there waiting for their missionaries.)  And of course we were all in tears.  Tears of joy naturally.  Even Zach was crying from happiness.  He got to see Kenlee, who was beyond excited about him coming home.  She wouldn't stop talking about it for weeks.  And Zach got to meet Tyson too.  Tyson was a little unsure of him at first, but he warmed up to Zach very quickly.  Once we said our Hellos and Welcome Homes we were off to Clinton to continue the rest of our very exciting day.  Chris and I were lucky enough to have him ride in our car on the way back to my mom's house.  It was like he was never gone.  We laughed, filled him in on life, and he told us things about Argentina.  When we got to my mom's house he started to unpack some things and we had some lunch.  For the next few hours it was just a time for people to stop by and see him and welcome him home. 

She loves her Uncle Zachy

And then. . .
Later on that night Ami, Ryan, Kenlee, and I made a little trip to the doctor.  Kenlee was outside playing basketball with Jake and next thing I know he is carrying her inside as blood is running down her face.  The amazing thing though is that she wasn't crying.  She was mostly annoyed that Jake brought her inside and ruined her fun.  What had happened is the latch on the gate came down on her head.  Doesn't sound too severe, but I think the 2 staples in her head would prove different.  Kenlee is a very brave and tough little squirt.  At the doctor's office she didn't cry once.  I was very proud of her because she is stronger than I would have been in that situation.

Kenlee's staples

All around it was a great day full of happiness and family.  I can't wait for more time spent with Zach and the many many memories we will make together.  

I will have more pictures up and posted about this great day soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment