Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Progress. . . And So Soon

Yesterday as I was leaving work. . .  Well maybe I should explain first.  My sweet neighbor in Springville, Julie, is watching over our house progress for us.  When I met her on Saturday she got my phone number from me and said that she would watch over our house for us.  She is going to let me know if there is any major progress.  If so, she would take a picture and send it to me so I know that I need to get down there and see everything that has been done.  Thank you Julie.  Anyway back to the original post. . .  As I was leaving work I got a text from her with a wonderful picture.

Here are the wonderful footings.
At first I didn't know what I was looking at.  I was just excited to see that something had happened in such a short period of time.  Our friend Matt pointed out that they were the footings of the house.  Which then prompted me to ask Chris what footings are and what is their purpose.  For those of you that have no idea what the footings are, like me, let me educate you.  They are the support for the more structural areas of the house.  In the picture, everywhere there is cement there will be a wall of some kind.  Maybe you are all smarter than me though and you already knew what footings were, but it was interesting for me to find out.  I know that I am going to learn a lot throughout this process too.  The picture also shows our floor plan kind of.  Our front door is at the bottom of the picture.

We are really excited about the progress so soon, and I can't wait to go down and stare at it today.  Thanks again Julie for the update!




1 comment:

  1. This is SO exciting!!! Oh! and to make you feel better ;0) I had no idea what footings were either, so thanks for the lesson.

    ReplyDelete