Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Now What?

Last week, the doctor I work for came into the office and informed me that he was going to close the practice.  I am not sure when my last day will actually be, but I am thinking roughly about 2 weeks from now.  Which means, I am out of a job.  I knew that it was coming, I just didn't think that it would happen so soon.  He has a lot of overhead and not enough income coming in.  So it was just a matter of time before he had to make that very hard decision.  I was pretty sad about it last week since I have to hunt for a new job. I hate job hunting.  It's not fun to send out resumes, not here back from some places, go to interviews, be turned down, and learn the ins and outs of a new job.  Job hunting is the worst!  But it needs to be done.  So if you know of anywhere that is hiring, let me know.

I am still a little sad, and a little worried about what I am going to do next, but I know that there is something out there that is new and better for me.  Even if the next job I am meant to find isn't necessarily better than the job I have now, it will be better for me at this time in my life.  As I have said before, I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.  This has happened for a reason.  This door in my life needs to close so that the next one will open.  It still doesn't make losing my job any easier.  But if I stay optimistic things will work out the way that they are supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment