Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bittersweet

Well, today is my last day of my job.  I am kind of sad about it.  If I had another job to go to I don't think that it would be as bad, but I am moving forward to unemployment.  I check Craigslist and KSL every day to make sure that I don't miss out on something.  It is a little defeating sometimes not to find anything though.  If there are any other job search options out there that I don't know of, please let me know.  I don't really want to stay unemployed.  I am hoping to find something before Christmas.  I know that there are not a ton of options out there, but I do need to be a little picky about what I find.  I don't want to get a job that I am going to hate after 3 weeks.  I need a job that will be a good thing long term.  I know that the right job is out there for me.  It just hasn't turned up yet.  I need to stay positive and I need to be patient.  And for those of you that know me, patience is not something I am very good at.  Maybe this is a good learning opportunity for me.

What I need to do is find things to fill my day.  I can't sit around the house bored for the foreseeable future.  New hobbies?  Or maybe mastering old ones?

  • Our house is going to be super duper clean while I am not working.  Cleaning always keeps me pretty busy.  
  • I can work on my personal weight loss goals.  I now have 24 a day to kill, I might as well get in shape. 
  •  I am still teaching myself how to crochet, so I can learn a few new things there.  Maybe actually make something?  
  • I also can do a little bit of crafting.   I want to make a fall burlap wreath for our front door.  That could be a fun project.  
  • I can get caught up on my reading.  I have 3 books that I am working on.  I could get those read pretty quickly now with all of my free time.  
Wow, maybe I won't be that bored.  There are quite a few things on that list.  I guess writing down my thoughts and options helped out a lot.  Thanks blog!  As for the job hunt, I will keep you posted.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will find something before Christmas.  With a positive outlook, and now a lot of hobbies, I know that time will pass quickly and I will find something soon.  Goodbye Eye Physicians of Utah.  Time for you to make room for the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment